- This event has passed.
Automation Equipment & Robotics
May 2, 2017 @ 8:00 am - 10:00 amFree
- Provide an interactive forum for understanding the “WHY” and the “HOW” of machine safety in 2017
- Present new and better ways to protect employees from injury
- Introduce components and techniques to reduce machine downtime
- Provide insight into new and emerging safety requirements
- Demonstrate ways to reduce liability exposure
- Present the concept of a “level playing field” when selling automated equipment in a competitive global marketplace
Michael Ladd, President & CEO, Euchner USA, Inc.
Mr. Ladd’s 90-minute dynamic and presentation is designed for those with little to no formal exposure to — or those who need a refresher in — the standards, regulations, and laws related to the domestic sale & export of automated machinery and robotics. Participants in the seminar benefit from Mr. Ladd’s near-10,000 visits to advanced manufacturing sites throughout the US, as he articulately breaks down the complexities of machine safeguarding. The Rochester region uses, designs, builds, and sells advanced manufacturing machinery and robotics — many of which are sold throughout the world — yet the standards and laws for their safety features are not universal. Hundreds of industrials, OEM’s, universities, OSHA regional personnel, and insurers, have relied upon Mr. Ladd to help them make sense of what is compulsory under the law, and, what is recommended to defend against civil liability lawsuits. Participants often return to their companies having told us they gained a newfound confidence in having fact-based discussions about the proper application of machine safeguards as a result of Mr. Ladd’s presentation.