- This event has passed.
Principles of Lean Manufacturing with Simulation
May 1, 2018 @ 8:00 am - 3:30 pm$250
NextCorps’s Manufacturing Extension Partnership center (MEP) is pleased to offer Principles of Lean Manufacturing. This program, based on the industry-standard “Lean 101” introductory course for manufacturers, will describe proven Lean manufacturing principles applicable to all production operations and is a great class for both introduction and a refresher class on Lean opportunities and principles. Cost is $250 pp, $200 for each additional attendee from the same company.
(Note:training funds available for follow-on projects)
- Define Lean
- Identify the “Eight Wastes”
- Differentiate between Value-Added and Non-Value-Added activities
- Apply Lean implementation tools in a simulation setting
- Describe how Lean Principles can impact the success of your organization
- Continental breakfast and lunch
- Use of 4 rounds of work simulation at Buzz Electronics to learn by doing lean manufacturing methods
- Defining 8 types of waste (muda)
- Training and simulation will include the following lean tools:
- Plant Layout
- Visual Management
- Workplace Organization – 5S
- Use of Teams
- Batch Size Reduction
- Standardized Work
- Quick Change-over or set-up reduction
- Point of Use Storage (POUS)
- Quality at the Source
- Total Preventive Maintenance
- After each simulation time for questions and learning recap will be provided.
To register or for more information, please contact Mike Sisson via email or by phone at 585-327-7935. (Company specific classes can also be arranged as needed for these and other lean classes such as Lean Office, 5S, Value Stream Mapping, etc.).