Fast track your hardware technology and business.
NextCorps’ Manufacturing Accelerator helps startup companies reduce the risk, waste, and cost associated with getting hardware from prototype to mass production.
If your early-stage company is more than a year old, you are at a Technology Readiness Level (TRL) of 2 or higher, and you are located in the United States, the Manufacturing Accelerator can help speed your product commercialization.
The Manufacturing Accelerator utilizes the U.S. Department of Defense Manufacturing Readiness Level metrics, along with materials derived from the U.S. Department of Energy Build4Scale curriculum and additional resources developed by NextCorps and RIT. The program is funded by Empire State Development’s Division of Science, Technology and Innovation, and administered by NextCorps.
Accelerate Your Manufacturing Timeline
Participants in the Manufacturing Accelerator get hands-on support to complete essential activities.
- Perform an initial Manufacturing Readiness Level (MRL) assessment
- Build out a comprehensive Product Requirements Document with our PRD-Builder tool
- Create Design for Manufacturing (DFM), Bill of Materials (BOM), and Bill of Process (BOP) documents
- Tour manufacturing sites to meet potential partners, view capabilities, and gain an understanding of processes, contracts, typical terms and conditions, time frames, and first sample and production elements
- Conduct individualized site visits to engage vendors for specific needs
- Develop a Manufacturing Roadmap to advance from your current MRL toward MRL 8 / mass production
- Apply for project funding (up to 80% of project costs) through Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP)
- Get ongoing support to resolve challenges and progress toward production
Meet Our Startups
Cohort 3 Announcement Coming Soon!
Applications are currently closed. If you’re interested in participating in a future cohort, subscribe to the NextCorps newsletter for program updates.
FEBRUARY 20 – MARCH 27: Applications Accepted
MARCH 15: Virtual Info Session (Review Recording)
MARCH 31: Notification of Acceptance
APRIL 5: Curriculum Begins
MAY 31: Curriculum Ends
JULY 31: Program Ends
Participation will require 2 hours per week for 9 weeks, along with 1.5 days for facility tours. Coaching and project development will continue between May 31 and July 31 and will vary per company.
Need more information? Get in touch with our team.