Fast track your hardware technology and business.
NextCorps’ Manufacturing Accelerator helps startup companies reduce the risk, waste, and cost associated with getting a hardware product from prototype to mass production.
If your early-stage company is more than a year old, based in the Finger Lakes Region of New York, and moving hardware technology from a proof-of-concept prototype into production, the Manufacturing Accelerator can help speed your product commercialization.
Meet Our Startups
The Manufacturing Accelerator accepts six startups for its half-year program.
- November 2021-January 2022: Applications Accepted
- January 2022: Cohort Selected
- Late January 2022: Program Start
- July 2022: Program End
The Manufacturing Accelerator utilizes the U.S. Department of Defense Manufacturing Readiness Level metrics, along with materials derived from the U.S. Department of Energy Build4Scale curriculum and additional materials developed by NextCorps and the program partners below. The program also uses Product Realization: Going From One to a Million by Anna Thornton as part of the instructional materials.
Accelerate Your Manufacturing Timeline
Participants in the Manufacturing Accelerator will get hands-on support to complete essential activities.
- Perform an initial Manufacturing Readiness Level (MRL) assessment
- Create Design for Manufacturing (DFM), Bill of Materials (BOM), and Bill of Process (BOP) documents
- Tour manufacturing sites to meet potential partners, view capabilities, and gain an understanding of processes, contracts, typical terms and conditions, time frames, and first sample and production elements
- Conduct individualized site visits to engage vendors for specific needs
- Develop a Manufacturing Roadmap to advance from your current MRL toward MRL 8 / mass production
- Apply for project funding (up to 80% of project costs) through Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP)
- Get ongoing support to resolve challenges and progress toward production