NYSERDA EIR Program
About the NYSERDA EIR (NEIR) Program
NYSERDA identifies a company that could benefit from executive level assistance and approves its involvement in the Entrepreneur-In-Residence (EIR) program. Once approved, NextCorps works with the company to understand its specific needs, then provides the company with a pool of qualified EIRs to select from based on those needs. The engagement is project-driven and therefore has a predetermined timeline with project- appropriate milestones generated by the company and the EIR, and approved by NextCorps and the project’s NYSERDA sponsor (NYSERDA Incubator Manager or NYSERDA Project Manager).
What is the goal of the program?
The goal of the NYSERDA EIR program is to support NYSERDA associated early-stage companies through specific projects and/or mentoring and strategic advice, managed by an experienced EIR. The outcome of these engagements should be demonstrated progress in achieving milestones that ultimately will lead to revenue and job growth. EIR engagements can be from one day to over a month.
The EIR is offered at no charge to eligible companies. Those include companies that:
- Have received a direct NYSERDA investment
- Have been or are currently in a NYSERDA funded incubator or POCC
- Have a significant presence in NY State and are involved in clean energy
- Are ready and can gain significant value from the services of a NEIR
NEIR Areas of Expertise
Most EIRs are serial entrepreneurs with broad backgrounds in finance, product go-to-market, investment strategy and implementation, and business development to name a few. EIRs can assist your company in the following:
- Business plan development
- Business plan/investor presentations
- Strategic plan development
- Sales and marketing strategy development
- Staffing strategies for growth and resource planning
- Budget and financial strategy
- Strategic partnering, acquisitions
- Strategy for seeking additional financing/funding sources
- Strategic operations planning
- IP strategy
- Board composition and management
How do companies participate in the program?
If you feel your company is eligible, please contact your NYSERDA Project Manager or incubator/POCC manager to inquire about participation. Alternatively, you may contact NEIR@nextcorps.org.