Launching a business is hard. Get a strong start with help from NextCorps.
Go from idea to early-stage business with a scholarship for NextCorps incubation services, made possible by M&T Bank.
NextCorps is offering 15-20 scholarships for qualifying individuals to take advantage of one year of business incubation services. If you have an idea for a technology-driven product or service, we can provide the support you need to progress from ideation to promising startup.
NextCorps Startup Scholarship Benefits
Recipients of NextCorps’ startup scholarships benefit from one calendar year as an associate member of incubation services (valued at $1,800) plus scholarship-specific training, including:
- Structured business advising from an assigned Entrepreneur-in-Residence (EIR) who will advise on market analysis, prototype development, capitalization strategy, and business plan development
- Development of a Lean Canvas (a single-page business model) in collaboration with mentors and EIRs
- Opportunities to network and learn from a community of 70+ startups in our incubator
To be eligible for a NextCorps startup scholarship, individuals must:
- Be located in the nine-county Rochester region
- Not be a current or past member of the NextCorps incubation program
- Be pre-business stage with an idea for a scalable, tech-enabled product or service
- Be coachable, able to work well with mentors/EIRs, and committed to hitting key milestones along a one-year development plan
Preference will be given to applicants in or serving an underrepresented community, including founders who are women, minorities, veterans, those who come from disadvantaged backgrounds, and those with financial need.
Applications for the NextCorps startup scholarship are due Friday, March 8.
Sign Up for an Info Session
Learn more about the NextCorps startup scholarship during a free info session on Thursday, February 29. Our incubation services team will discuss details of the scholarship opportunity, describe what we’re looking for in candidates, and answer your questions.